MA in English, Dhaka University, MBA, LLB.
Presently a Phd research Fellow at the Dhaka University , Dhaka.
JOB & Profession
Joined BCS Police Service in 7th BCS Batch
National Career: ( Major assignments )
- SP Kishoregonj
- DC North, DMP
- Chief Instructor, Police Academy
- AIG Police Headquarters
- Commandant, Police Training Center, Tangail
- DIG Current Charge ( Finance ), Police Headquarters
- DIG ( Administration & Operations )
- Police Commissioner, Dhaka Metropolitan Police, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Extra Institutional Affiliation:
Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Sociology, Dhaka University, Dhaka.
- United Nation’s Mission in Bosnia ( UNMIBH)
- United Nation’s Mission in Kosovo ( UNMIK )
- Contingent Commander, Bangladesh Police Contingent in Kosovo.
- Worked as the Chief, “Mission Management & Support Section”, Police Division, Department of Peace Keeping Operations, United Nation’s Headquarters, New York, U.S.A.
- Worked as the OIC of the Police Division of UNDPKO, in absence of the Police Adviser & the Deputy Police Adviser.
- Responsibilities as Chief, MMSS, UNHQ, USA.
- Oversight of the operations of all Police components in different Peacekeeping Missions of the United nations around the world.
To ensure that the police components adhere to their mandated tasks of the Security Council, advise and guide the Police components of the Peace Keeping Missions in their activities; evaluate and review components’ progress; administer the deployment and rotation of all police officers from their home countries to and from the mission areas; and performs all other required administrative functions pertaining to the operations of the components and the serving police officers; guaranteeing the appropriate administration of police personnel, police aspects of mission budgets, processing disciplinary cases related to police officers, ensuring that the police components’ personnel records are accurate and updated in a timely manner; advice on the implementation of best practices and /or lessons learned.
- Maintain effective working relationships, both as a team member and as a team leader with people from different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Performed the responsibility of versatile planning for a wide range of international police activities along with conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulating options and make conclusions and recommendations. Identify priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity are also key to this position.
- It requires an ability to create a focused and disciplined environment through delegation of responsibilities and establishment of effective and efficient divisions of labor. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership & commitment to achieving goal.
- The Chief of Mission Management also ensures that the Officers under command in the Section work in close collaboration with the components/units of Department of Peacekeeping Operations and the Department of Field Support, and all other Secretariat departments and UN family agencies where required.
- Terrorism & Terror financing.
- Organizational Reform, Rebuild, Restructuring & Change Management.
- Comprehensive Security Response to terrorism, Asia Pacific Center for Security Studies, Hawaii, USA
- Intelligence Analysis & Assessment , Charles Strut University, Canberra, Australia in association with Australian Crime Commission & Australian Federal Police.
- Anti Money Laundering & Financing of Terrorism, IMF regional Training Center, Singapore.
- HR Management, UN training Center, New York, USA.
Foreign Workshops & Seminars
- Sri Lanka
- Vienna, Austria
- Raised the “Police Internal Oversight”, a counter intelligence outfit of Bangladesh Police at the Police Headquarters to watch Police in the year 2007.
- Implemented “Six Sigma Business Engineering Project” in UN Police Division under United Nations Department of Peace Keeping Operations, UN Headquarters, New York, USA.
- Drafter member “Police Ordinance 2007”
- Reform Dhaka Metropolitan Police Organizational Structure
Introduction of Social Media for Policing In DMP for better Police Community Interface
- Induction of modern Technology in the Areas of Investigation & Operations in DMP
- Digitalization of DMP administrative and operational Capacity
Setting up a i Tech ” Situation Center” at Central Command Center”
Introduction of ” Partnerships in Policing” with the community in DMP
Introduction of Beat Policing in DMP
- Introduction of Women Friendly Policing In DMP
- Setting up Dairy, Bakery and Shopping Malls for DMP Members
- Introduction of better Medi Care for the Forces
Awards & Medals:
- IGP’s Exemplary Good Service Badge
- UN Medal for the Service for Peace in Bosnia
- UN Medal for the Service for Peace in Kosovo
- UN Medal for the Service for Peace in UN Headquarters, New York, USA.
- Bangladesh Police Medal, ( BPM ), 2011
- Bangladesh Police Medal, ( BPM ), 2012
- Bangladesh Police Medal ( BPM ) 2014
- Member, Governing Body, Wanderers Club Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Member, Rangers Club, Gopalgonj, Bangladesh.
- Member, International Police Association, UK
- Alumnus, APCSS, Hawaii,
- Alumnus, Department of English, Dhaka University,
- Alumnus Dhaka University Alumni Association
- Member, Officers Club, Dhaka.
- Member, Kurmitola Golf club,
- Member, Khulna Club,
- Member, Bangladesh Club, Uttara, Dhaka.
- Member, Banani Club Dhaka,
- Member, Boat Club, Dhaka,
- Honourary Member, Gulshan Club,
- Honourary Member, Dhaka Club, Dhaka.
- Honourary Member, Uttara Club, Dhaka.
Widely traveled in different countries in all 5 continents while on overseas & National assignments which includes America, Australia, Austria, Britain, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Malaysia, Netherland, Spain, Portugal ,Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Yugoslavia.